(HealthDay News) — Heart-healthy habits should start in childhood to promote a lifetime of good health and a strong heart.
The American Heart Association recommends these seven simple steps for kids:
- Don’t use tobacco products.
- Get exercise each day.
- Follow a heart-healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Maintain healthy cholesterol.
- Maintain healthy blood sugar.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
This article was written by Diana Kohnle from HealthDay and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.