(HealthDay News) — Injury to the muscles that surround the hip can range from mild to severe, and athletes are considered at higher risk.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these common risk factors for hip strain:
- Taking a direct hit to the joint, or taking a hard fall.
- Overusing the hip.
- Having a previous hip injury.
- Having tightness in muscles that surround the hip.
- Warming up insufficiently before a workout.
- Exercising too vigorously.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
This article was written by Diana Kohnle from HealthDay and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.