(HealthDay News) — A trip to the sandwich shop is a great choice for a healthy meal on the go, assuming you make the right menu choices.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Ask for condiments on the side, so you can control how much you use.
- Skip the cheese altogether, or ask for low-fat cheese.
- Pair your sandwich with a salad or fruit, instead of a bag of chips.
- Fill your sandwich with lean cuts of turkey, chicken, ham or beef.
- Opt for a veggie sandwich, or pile a meat sandwich with lots of veggies.
- Choose a whole-grain wrap or whole-grain bread, instead of white bread.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
This article was written by Diana Kohnle from HealthDay and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.