Social Media – Have a Focus and Keep it Simple

pecaphoto77
pecaphoto77

social media

I am finding myself overthinking a number of items lately. Marketing is one of these areas. I am back to realizing that I need to go back to a more consistent content strategy. Today, I am revisiting this theory and I am actually seeing a different scenario.

Here are some items I am studying more:

• Writing shorter articles – Don’t get caught up in writing for Google
  • Getting to the point faster
  • Write from an experience standpoint and stop curating so much
  • Learn more and share more
  • Talk about what works and does not work.

I am getting myself for a full onslaught of content in June. I’ve looked at the items above and the facts speak for themselves. If I am investing time in these areas, I will see success on many levels.

My new metrics

• Quality Connections – There are a lot of great people out there. Not everyone is a quality connection
  • Quality Connections will comment to you in public or outside of social media. Many of us do not like to comment online anymore
  • If people are not asking to follow you or connect with you, you may be quickly becoming an irrelevant voice online
  • Personal Branding permeates your company brand and vice/versa
  • Ultimately it is about ROI and for me it has always been sales and growth. Anything less is just a statistic.

“Social Media is just like the stock market, either you are in the market or you are not. ”

This article originally appeared in The Marketing Director Blog.

This article was written by Brent Pohlman from Business2Community and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to legal@newscred.com.