I am finding myself overthinking a number of items lately. Marketing is one of these areas. I am back to realizing that I need to go back to a more consistent content strategy. Today, I am revisiting this theory and I am actually seeing a different scenario.
Here are some items I am studying more:
- Writing shorter articles – Don’t get caught up in writing for Google
- Getting to the point faster
- Write from an experience standpoint and stop curating so much
- Learn more and share more
- Talk about what works and does not work.
I am getting myself for a full onslaught of content in June. I’ve looked at the items above and the facts speak for themselves. If I am investing time in these areas, I will see success on many levels.
My new metrics
- Quality Connections – There are a lot of great people out there. Not everyone is a quality connection
- Quality Connections will comment to you in public or outside of social media. Many of us do not like to comment online anymore
- If people are not asking to follow you or connect with you, you may be quickly becoming an irrelevant voice online
- Personal Branding permeates your company brand and vice/versa
- Ultimately it is about ROI and for me it has always been sales and growth. Anything less is just a statistic.
“Social Media is just like the stock market, either you are in the market or you are not. ”
This article originally appeared in The Marketing Director Blog.