Health Tip: Using Household Chemicals

Household chemical goods for cleaning on black

(HealthDay News) — Many household chemicals, such as pesticides or harsh cleaning agents, can be harmful if they are inhaled or splashed onto the eyes or skin.

The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions when working with household chemicals:

  • If a chemical is splashed in your eye, rinse with water for at least 15 minutes, and follow with a call to the nearest poison control center.
  • Remove clothing splashed with a chemical and rinse skin under water for 15 minutes, and follow with a call to poison control.
  • Immediately move to fresh air if you inhale chemical fumes, then call poison control.
  • Call 911 if someone has been exposed to a chemical and is unconscious or not breathing.

Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.


This article was written by Diana Kohnle from HealthDay and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *