(HealthDay News) — Using the right pillow can help you sleep longer and feel more rested.
The National Sleep Foundation advises:
- For back sleepers, use a thinner pillow with a thicker area at the bottom for better neck support.
- Stomach sleepers should use the thinnest possible pillow, to reduce strain on the lower back.
- Side sleepers should opt for a thick pillow with a wide edge, to fill the area between the shoulder and ear.
- Wedging a pillow between the knees can help ease lower back strain.
- Replace a pillow after about 18 months of nightly use.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
This article was written by Diana Kohnle from HealthDay and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.