How to Have A Good Life

Happy Christmas Young Girl

“Ahhh the good life….”

Have you heard the phrase before?

If you’re like me, you probably have heard it more than once. I have a lot of ‘successful’ entrepreneurs in my circle of influence; and every now and again, one of them will throw out the phrase in celebration of something great that’s happened in his life. As a coach, I’ve come across many people who are certainly searching on how to have a good life.

But what really is the good life?

For one person for whom marriage is not a biggie, ‘a good life’ may be hitting the party scene on the weekend, and seeing which new girls goes home with him. For another person, ‘a good life’ may be taking the family on a vacation to Paris or Bogota; and yet I’m sure for Mother Theresa, the good life was serving others.

So, if you’re looking to have a good life, you first need to ask yourself a deep question:

What is a good life for me?

Many people do not attain their good life because they have no clue as to what it is.

Personally, a good life for me, Dan, is sitting at a computer to write a powerful article and positively impacts someone- like this one; and then grabbing a great movie before hitting calling the travel company to book a local or international trip.

Many in Liberia don’t understand why I refuse to get a job with any of the many international companies that have offered me one. The answer is simple: A good life of me means having the freedom to be where I want to be, when I want to be there.

So what is the good life for you?

Once you have a clear understanding as to what a good life is, the next step to then having it are quite simple:

Start living it NOW is whatever small way possible:

Before becoming a full-time consultant, and later a coach, I started taking on part time business plan development consulting project while still employed as a banker. I then started refusing to work on Saturdays as a way of taking back my life gaining my freedom.

Get Help

Is there someone living the life you want to live? Reach out them. How did they come to that point? Sometimes the only that stands between us and what we want is asking for help.

So there you have it..

Want to live a good life? Know what it is FOR YOU, and then start living it in whatever small ways possible.

Now that you know what it takes to have a good life, I’d love to hear from you. What is a good life for you?
Please share your answers in the comments below.

This article originally appeared in Dan Maxwell, Jr..

This article was written by Dan Maxwell and Jr from Business2Community and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.