The last few years have seen tremendous growth in video marketing. Equipment prices have dropped, creative tools have improved, and video has been natively integrated into just about every single platform where you might want to reach your audience.
Over two years ago, we shared with you 23 reasons why you should be using video marketing. We recently discovered that the data in that infographic has been updated for 2017 by HighQ, and the evidence for video marketing’s strength in the coming year is more compelling than ever. See the full infographic below!
30 Facts About Video Marketing In 2017
- By 2017, online video will account for 74% of all web traffic.
- More video content is uploaded to the web in one single month than TV has created in three decades.
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video.
- One in three tablet owners watch about an hour of video on their devices every day. (Learn more.)
- 28% of smartphone users watch a video on their devices at least once a day.
- 78% of people watch videos online every week.
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- 500 million people are watching Facebook videos every day. (Learn more.)
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
- Snapchatters watch 10 billion videos a day. (Learn more.)
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly.
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly.
- 69% of marketing, sales and business professionals have used video marketing and another 31% are planning to.
- A massive 81% of people feature their video on their brand website.
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication.
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year.
- 52% of marketers believe that video marketing is effective for….
- …brand awareness (52%).
- …lead generation (45%).
- …online engagement (42%).
- 67% found video marketing “somewhat successful.”
- 18% found video marketing “very successful.”
- The word “video” carries power in an email subject line, boosting open rates by 19%, and…
- …increasing click-through rates by 65%.
- …reducing unsubscribes by 26%.
- When marketers include a video in an email, the click-through rate increases by 200-300%.
- Sites that include video have an extra two minutes dwell time (on average) compared to sites that don’t.
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with best ROI. (Learn more.)
Are you using video? Tell us why or why not in the comments below.
This article originally appeared in Buzzplant.
This article was written by Bob Hutchins from Business2Community and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network.