Program Spotlight: Medical Billing and Coding

using a medical billing and coding degree

If you’ve ever thought about working as a medical professional, earning your degree as a medical billing and coding specialist may be the right career path for you. At Stratford University, our Associate of Applied Science in Medical lnsurance, Billing, and Coding program prepares students to be knowledgeable in all areas of medical billing codes as well as how to use the medical office software to process medical insurance bills. There are many specialty areas of the medical insurance industry, and a medical billing and coding degree prepares students for success by gaining proficiency and experience necessary in this highly specialized field.

A medical billing and coding specialist has many different opportunities and options within this industry. Most often they work in a hospital or physician’s office setting, however, other options include internal or external auditor, a consultant to other medical professionals, or an educator. Many medical billing and coding specialists have the option to work from home.

Medical billing and coding specialists that specialize in a particular medical field are in very high demand. Areas such as neurosurgery, orthopedics, or gastroenterology in which the coder has a strong knowledge of the anatomy, terminology, medications, codes and rules of that specialty can be very helpful for career advancement.

Medical billing specialists should have good communication skills, be detail-oriented with the ability to analyze financial data, be a good team player, and understand insurance policies. Medical coding specialists should be detail-oriented, have strong research capabilities, possess a vast knowledge of medical terminology, and have good organizational skills.

Stratford University’s online medical billing degree program focuses on several key areas:

analysis and interpretation of patient medical records, filing claims, insurance verifications, auditing charges, preparing medical billing invoices, submitting claims, outpatient billing, customer service, abstract codes, handling routine patient and insurance inquiries, just to name a few.

Earning your medical billing colleges degree has never been more accessible – each class can be completed in 5-10 weeks, allowing you to earn your Associate of Applied Science in Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding degree in just 2 years. Stratford University offers on-campus classes on days, nights and weekends, as well as online classes, to make it easier than ever to complete your courses. Contact us today to discuss further your options regarding this exciting and rewarding program.

12 Comments

• You made some respectable factors there. I seemed on the internet for the difficulty and found most individuals will go together with along with your website.

• I am incessantly thought about this, thankyou for posting.

• vpn online says:

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others such as you aided me.

• This website is mostly a walk-through for all of the data you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and also you’ll definitely uncover it.

• Abram Ewen says:

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

• It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this submit and if I may just I want to counsel you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles regarding this article. I desire to read more things approximately it!

• Hi there, simply was aware of your blog via Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I’ll be grateful for those who proceed this in future. Many other people can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

• Hello there, I found your web site by way of Google while searching for a comparable subject, your web site came up, it appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

• Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I wish to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make an excellent article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and under no circumstances appear to get something done.

• buy proxies says:

I not to mention my pals appeared to be checking the best recommendations from your web site and unexpectedly I got a horrible feeling I had not thanked you for those techniques. Those guys were absolutely happy to learn them and have in actuality been taking advantage of those things. Thanks for genuinely quite thoughtful as well as for going for variety of essential resources most people are really wanting to know about. My sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to sooner.

• Greetings! I’ve been following your blog for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

• I love reading through and I think this website got some really useful stuff on it! .