If you have been considering studying in the US as an international student, Stratford University is an excellent choice for international college programs. We offer international students the opportunity to develop their skills and advance their careers within a competitive and convenient university environment.
International Student Office
Stratford University makes it easy for international students to adjust to student life here in the United States. Our International Student Office is a resource designed for international students to help with the transitional hurdles some students experience. Whether it’s a language barrier or difficulties with cultural differences, Stratford’s hands-on support is available both inside and outside of class. The ISO can advise on matters such as academic options Stratford University offers, applying for a student visa, issuing a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20), issuing Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment authorization, issuing recommendation for Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization, and transferring from another institution to Stratford University. Our advisors are here to assist you through every step of the process.
University Degree Programs
Stratford University offers Associates, Bachelors, and Masters degrees in business administration; computer science and information technology; hospitality and culinary arts; health sciences and nursing. Our degree programs prepare students for rewarding careers in their chosen field at the same time meeting the changing needs of employers and the community. Our diverse student body comprises of high school graduates, working professionals, international students, and those students who wish to change their career path. To accommodate busy students and working professionals, programs start five different times throughout the year, and classes are offered days, nights and weekends to fit the needs of all our students. Most degree programs offer online classes as well.
Career Services Opportunities
The Career Services department is just another reason Stratford University stands out from other online universities for international students. The mission of Career Services is to assist graduates and alumni with resume review, job leads, interview prep, career fairs and alumni support in order to help them realize their full potential in their chosen career field.
How to Get Started
If you’re ready to start the application process, here’s how to get started.
- Prepare your application package. You should gather all your transcripts and/or diplomas from high school, college or universities you’ve attended. Make sure transcripts are in English or translated to English by a certified translator. You will need to show proof of English proficiency if your native language isn’t English, either by TOEFL or IELTS. You will need to show proof of financial support through bank statements or balance certificates that show you can financially support the cost of courses and the cost of living while attending school in the US. You will also need a copy of your passport. Graduate students will need two letters of recommendation and GRE or GMAT scores.
- Submit your application. Once you have gathered the necessary documents, you are ready to submit your application. You can apply online and upload all documentation at the end of the application.
- Once your application has been reviewed, Stratford will make a determination regarding your acceptance. You should receive a letter of acceptance and Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) within 3-4 weeks via UPS.
- Apply for a Student Visa. Your next step after acceptance is to apply for your student visa. You will need to apply for an F-1 student visa with the Nonimmigrant Visa Application and pay the SEVIS and F-1 student visa fees. Afterwards, you should schedule your interview.
- Prepare for your interview. Our ISO can help you prepare for your interview. Once you have paid your SEVIS fee and scheduled your interview, contact the ISO for a skype consultation to help prepare for your interview.
- Prepare to travel and get registered. Your last step is to prepare for your arrival to the US and registration for classes. Please contact our ISO for assistance with any topic regarding your visa and studies.